Welcome to our Cooking Essentials for Students Certificate Course
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen or whether you are a dab hand and looking for fresh inspiration, there is plenty for everyone here – this course is bursting with fresh flavours and yet all recipes are practical and manageable.
The aim of this course is to guide you through a range of skills, building up your confidence in the kitchen and to have a folder of delicious recipes that you have practised and are able to prepare with ease. Every week we will be trying different key ingredients as well as skills that will keep you challenged enabling you to become passionate about foods and products, sourcing them locally and know their origin as well as a little history. You’ll be able to follow recipes correctly and have fun in the kitchen.
Have fun and learn lots!
In this course you will learn:
- Knife Skills
- How to season and add flavour to dishes
- How to make your own stock and soups
- How to bake – from seed bread to focaccia
- How to construct the perfect salad
- How to work with meat, fish, chicken, vegetables and fruits
- How to make your own fresh pasta to a delicious rocket pesto
- How to pan fry, how to stir fry, how to roast
- A range of dishes from Eggs Benedict to Chicken Korma
- And much much more…..
This course contains:
- 22+ videos lessons
- 22+ audio recipe and tips
- 25+ downloadable recipe with tips sheets
- 15+ information and technical downloadable documents
How to get the most out of this course
The course is structured as follows:
- A Cook with Curiosity section, where there are more printable sheets with lots of detailed information regarding the cooking processes and much more. So do make sure you check that section out.
- Each week, we cover a set of ingredients and kitchen skills. You will receive:
- A series of video instructions for each recipe
- A printable recipe with a tip sheet and photograph of the finished dish for each recipe
- Audio instruction, brief chat and tips for each recipe
I would encourage you to start at the beginning and learn each skill, make each dish for your family and friends. Get used to tasting the dishes as you go, to learn seasoning too
At the end of each recipe, make some notes with regards to how you did. What was your feedback on the recipe?
We all have different tastes, maybe you added more sweetness into the dish or maybe you added more seasoning, or changed some ingredients to suit your tastes. I would encourage you to make notes to this effect so that when you are repeating the recipe you have a perfect recipe for your taste.
And do share photographs of your finished dish, tag me Catherine Fulvio and don’t forget to use the hashtag #CatherineFulvioOnlineCooking and #cookwithcuriosity
Do you have any questions, need support?
You will find lots of tips to company each recipe both on the recipe sheet and in the audio.
If you have any specific questions, complete the “Ask one of our tutors” form and we will get back to you.
Cook With Curiosity - General Information Corner
- Week 1 – Knife Skills & Flavours
- Week 1 Questionnaire
- Week 2 – Soup
- Week 2 Questionnaire
- Week 3 – Salads and making dressings
- Week 3 Questionnaire
- Week 4 – Bread Making
- Week 4 Questionnaire
- Week 5 – Pasta Making
- Week 5 Questionnaire
- Week 6 – Eggs
- Week 6 Questionnaire
- Week 7 – Chicken
- Week 7 Questionnaire
- Week 8 – Meat
- Week 8 Questionnaire
- Week 9 – Vegetables
- Week 9 Questionnaire
- Week 10 – Fish
- Week 10 Questionnaire
- Week 11 – Legumes
- Week 11 Questionnaire
- Week 12 – Fruit
- Week 12 Questionnaire
- Week 13 – Tests
- Week 13 Test
- Congratulations on finishing course
Ask one of our tutors