Welcome to Healthy Gut, Best Brain
With Catherine Fulvio, Advanced Diploma in Nutrition and Health Coaching
I’ve always been fascinated by the link between a healthy gut and the operations of my brain. Thankfully in the last few years especially, science has helped us understand a lot more about the importance of eating foods that are healthy for your gut. Now we know that neurotransmitters produced in our gut also affect the brain. So simply put, by changing they types of bacteria in our gut, improving our microbiome, our brains may benefit.
Years ago, would have been advised to eat wholegrains and increase the quantity of fruit and vegetables in our diet. Interestingly, there is so much more information available now including advice about incorporating some fermented foods into the weekly diet.
Healthy diet is a lot more than fibre and fermented foods though. What we aim to achieve is a variety of ingredients that bring a broad range of the micronutrients to our bodies.
In this course I’ve included some delicious recipes that I hope will become part of your weekly repertoire. I’ve also included lots of tips and techniques on eating for a healthy gut with the aim to boost your brainpower too!
Each recipe video commences with an introduction on some of the micronutrients in that particular recipe. Is not intended to overwhelm with detail but simply to get you thinking by the benefits of a varied diet.
Also, each PDF recipe includes full details of the nutritional content per hundred grams and per portion, including calorie count and micro nutrient count which I hope, help you make healthy decisions
So now let’s go and Cook with Curiosity with me, Catherine Fulvio
In this course you will learn:
- Knife skills
- Key cookery techniques
- Details about the micro and macro nutrients required for a healthy diet
- How to make healthy choices for your diet
And how to prepare these delicious dishes:
- Vegetable Blueberry Smoothie
- How to Make Almond Milk
- Rocket and Asparagus Scrambled Egg with Salmon
- How to make your own Kefir
- Easy Spicy Cauliflower Pickle
- Simple Pickled Radishes
- Garlic Walnut Dip with Red Peppers, Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes and Beans
- Tomato Broccoli Hazelnut Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Croutons and Seeds
- Wholewheat Fusilli with Spinach, Chilli and Walnuts
- Rainbow Stir-fry with Bulgar Wheat
- Lamb Chops with Chimichurri and Cauliflower Quinoa Rice
- Ginger Miso Beef Bowl
- Salmon Noodle Platter with Chilli Lime Dressing
- Pepper Chicken Skewers with Pesto and Roasted Courgette Red Onions and Cauliflower
- Smoked Mackerel Watercress and Blueberry Salad with Za’atar Dressing
How to get the most out of this course
The course is structured as follows:
- A series of video instructions for each recipe
- A printable recipe with a tip sheet and photograph of the finished dish for each recipe
- Additional tips sheets for each recipe
- Audio instruction for each recipe
- A Cook with Curiosity section, where there are more printable sheets with lots of detailed information regarding the cooking processes and much more. So do make sure you check that section out.
I would encourage you to start at the beginning and take each recipe one by one. At the end of each recipe, make some notes with regards to how you did. What was your feedback on the recipe?
We all have different tastes, maybe you added more sweetness into the dish or maybe you added more seasoning, or changed some ingredients to suit your tastes. I would encourage you to make notes to this effect so that when you are repeating the recipe you have a perfect recipe for your taste.
And do share photographs of your finished dish, tag me, Catherine Fulvio, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #CatherineFulvioOnlineCooking and #cookwithcuriosity
Do you have any questions, need support?
You will find lots of tips to company each recipe both on the recipe sheet and in the audio.
If you have any specific questions, complete the “Ask one of our tutors” form and we will get back to you.
If you are buying this short course for yourself, please click the BUY THIS COURSE button below.
If you are buying this short course for somebody else DO NOT CONTINUE HERE, please buy a Gift Voucher for that person and invite her/ him to buy the Course using the Gift Voucher and enroll for the course accordingly.
Cook with Curiosity - Information Corner
Ask one of our tutors