Welcome to our Junior Chef to Head Chef Certificate Course
Welcome to my Junior Chef to Head Chef – kids cookery course. I’m delighted that you’ve joined this course. This is a great opportunity for you to learn the new life skill of cooking. You can be as creative as you want in the kitchen. I’m dying to see the photographs of what you make so please do send them to me.
Now I just wanted to tell you how to get the most out of this course so I have a section here called Cook with Curiosity, in there is extra information outside of each lesson.
In these 10 week / 5 modules (or lessons) course, I have it structured from starting with health and safety & knife skills, how to prepare eggs and cooking your own omelette.
In the following module we pick up the knife skills, make your own soups and also make a thai red curry.
By module three, we are eating the rainbow, making our own chicken stir-fry, Greek pittas and smoothies.
For module four, it’s all about baking and it’s here we learn how to make a delicious date and walnut bread, right through to making your own pastry for a lovely quiche.
In module five, we’re travelling to Italy and celebrating their wonderful flavours where I teach you how to make your own pizza and risotto.
Along the way we learn everything from how to use your oven and hob to how to wash up, how to set a table, how to plan a weekly menu and even how to budget for it and what is healthy eating? How to master knife skills and simply how to be head chef in your own kitchen at home This course is designed for you to learn in the comfort of your own kitchen with an adult present. It’s very important to have adult supervision, especially as you’re only learning how to cook.
How to get the most out of this course:
I would encourage you to start at the beginning and take each recipe one by one.
Before you cook:
1. Read the recipe and the tips
2. Watch the video
3. Read the supplementary information in the Cook with Curiosity – Information corner section
4. Do your shopping list
5. Make a note of any questions you may have in advance of making the dish and send to “ask the tutor”
Then to the cooking:
1. Have fun, make the dish, taste as you go…. and enjoy!
2. And remember to “ask the tutor” if you have any subsequent questions or feedback – we are here to help
We all have different tastes, maybe you added more sweetness into the dish or maybe you added more seasoning, or changed some ingredients to suit your tastes. I would encourage you to make notes to this effect so that when you are repeating the recipe you have a perfect recipe for your taste.
And do share photographs of your finished dish, tag me, Catherine Fulvio, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #CatherineFulvioOnlineCooking and #cookwithcuriosity
Do you have any questions, need support?
You will find lots of tips to company each recipe both on the recipe sheet and in the audio.
If you have any specific questions, complete the “Ask one of our tutors” form and we will get back to you.
When you are purchasing this course, please ensure to input the name of the person whom the certificate is to be issued to in the “ First Name” & “Last Name” of the Billing section, as the Certificate of Completion is automatically issued in that name and it cannot be amended after purchase.
Cook with Curiosity - Information Corner
- Lesson 1 – Cooking Basics Bootcamp; Introducing knife skills; Mastering Eggs
- Lesson 2 – Mastering knife skills; Herbs and Spices; Soups and Curry
- Lesson 3 – Nutrition, Eat the Rainbow: Stir fry and more; How to Wash Up
- Lesson 4 – Mastering Baking: Breads and Pastry; Table Setting
- Lesson 5 – Italian: Pizza and Risotto; Meal Planning and Costing
- Congratulations on finishing the course – Now Get Your Certificate
Ask one of our tutors