Welcome & Overview
I absolutely adore southern Italian cuisine.
It’s light, colourful, flavourful and fresh and it makes the most of beautiful summer vegetables and delicious seafood.
In this course you’ll learn how to make Caprese and Olive Salad, traditional Caponata with Crostini or how about Polpette di Melanzane with Orzo (delicious herby aubergine and parmesan rounds with a simple and classic tomato sauce), or my pan fried Squid with Chilli.
And we are making Fresh Egg Pasta too! Farfalle and Tagliatelle – what a skill to learn! and a delicious Pesto Trapenese – all the way from Trapetto in Sicily to serve with your fresh home-made pasta. All for you to Cook with Curiosity, with me, Catherine Fulvio
In this course you will learn:
- Knife skills
- Classic mouth watering southern Italian dishes
- The art of making fresh egg pasta
- How to perfect pesto
- How to prepare fresh squid
- How to cook squid
- And much much more…..
How to get the most out of this course:
The course is structured as follows:
- A series of video instructions for each recipe
- A printable recipe with a tip sheet and photograph of the finished dish for each recipe
- Audio instruction, brief chat and tips for each recipe
- A Cook with Curiosity section, where there are more printable sheets with lots of detailed information regarding the cooking processes and much more. So do make sure you check that section out.
* * *
I would encourage you to start at the beginning and take each recipe one by one. At the end of each recipe, make some notes with regards to how you did. What was your feedback on the recipe?
We all have different tastes, maybe you added more sweetness into the dish or maybe you added more seasoning, or changed some ingredients to suit your tastes. I would encourage you to make notes to this effect so that when you are repeating the recipe you have a perfect recipe for your taste.
And do share photographs of your finished dish, tag me Catherine Fulvio and don’t forget to use the hashtag #CatherineFulvioOnlineCooking and #cookwithcuriosity
Do you have any questions, need support?
You will find lots of tips to company each recipe both on the recipe sheet and in the audio.
If you have any specific questions, complete the “Ask one of our tutors” form and we will get back to you.