We are delighted to bring our ever popular, “Head Chef Junior Chef” classes from Ballyknocken Cookery School online! In these classes over the years, we encouraged adults and children to have fun in the kitchen as they cook together. And now we have it here – and it’s bigger and better than ever! So the junior and senior chefs in your house can watch, read, listen, learn and cook along together, all the time learning new skills and making tasty meals.
Our fun informative children’s cookery courses are tailor made to bring junior chefs through a wide range of themes and styles of cooking while clearly teaching key cooking and health and safety skills by using interesting, doable recipes that are sure to spark the tastebuds of the junior chef. Each course covers key skills, detailed recipes with tips, easy to follow video instruction and additional skills and ingredient information.
Our lead course is the Junior Chef to Head Chef Certificate Course – it’s a 10 week / 5 module course, where kids will learn everything from knife skills, to menu planning, from healthy eating to setting the table – and all about herbs, spices, baking, pizzas and risotto … and much more. What a fun and fabulous way to learn a new skill and become the boss in your home kitchen!
And watch this space as additional courses are being loaded regularly.
Each course is structured as follows:
- A series of video instructions for each recipe
- A printable recipe with a tip sheet and photograph of the finished dish for each recipe
- Recipe Audio, brief chat and tips for each recipe
- A Cook with Curiosity section, where there are more printable sheets with lots of detailed information regarding the cooking processes and much more. So do make sure you check that section out.
- Ask the Tutor section so that you can pose any questions or queries you may have before you start to cook.