Looking for dinner inspiration this weekend? Why not try @Cfulvio Prawn & White Bean Chilli.
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp dried crushed red chillies
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g tinned diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 400g cooked cannellini beans
- 300g prawns, shells removed and deveined
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- Lime slices, to garnish
- Baby gem lettuce leaves and / or rice to serve
1. Heat some oil to a large saucepan, add the red peppers and sauté for 5 minutes (until soft).
2. Add the garlic and crushed red chillies and cook for 1 minute before adding the bay leaves, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, sugar and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the beans and simmer over a low heat for 7 minutes before adding the prawns.
4. These will take about 4-5 minutes to cook, they will turn pink when done.
5. Add the lime juice and zest. Check the seasoning, adding salt and fresh ground black pepper as required.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and lime slices. Serve in baby gem leaves for a healthy option with rice on the side.