All- in-one Irish Breakfast Bake
Well, what can I say – If you are not making this for brunch then it works really well for match food and late night suppers - a definite crowd pleaser. This is very much easier than making the usual fry up! Choose good quality sausages from your local craft butcher. It is the easy way out, the one pot breakfast, it is delicious and just saves on the washing up!!!
2 medium size potatoes, sliced into wedges
8 small sausages
8 large mushrooms, wiped
10 to 12 cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
Chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/ Gas 4. Brush an ovenproof shallow casserole or roasting skillet with oil.
- Place the potato wedges into the casserole dish or skillet and roast for about 12 minutes.
- Add the sausages and cook for a further 10 minutes, turning over once or twice during the cooking time.
- Add the mushrooms to the casserole dish or skillet. Drizzle a little more oil over the mushrooms and season. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until the potato wedges are crispy and the tomatoes are roasted.
- Make 4 gaps in between the cooked ingredients and carefully pour an egg into each. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 5 to 6 minutes until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately with toast.